Thursday, January 22, 2015

Proud to run a like a girl! Actually fly like a queen!

Jan 22nd, 2015

So my darling princesses, today's post is special and super important!  I came across this video today  and just had to share. This video instantly got my focused attention, annoyed me immensely at the stereotypes that it contained, and at the same time gave me a sense of relief and reassurance at the message it carried.


I'm glad I watched it with you again and I hope you heard the message loud and clear!!!

Although I would never wish this for you, but the truth is that you will often hear such phrases:
*dont act like a girl
*dont cry like a girl
*dont run like a girl
*dont do this like a girl
*dont do that like a girl..

When someone says that to you - stand tall and proud and say -
"Well, you know what?  I am a girl and I'm proud of it ! And no - I am not doing such and such because I am a girl but because it's my choice!!

Also when it comes to either physical abilities or emotional responses or intellectual decisions, you will be what you choose to be and it has nothing to do with gender!!!! All girls don't necessarily respond to the same stimuli in the same way just because they are girls - we are all tuned differently and nothing can limit us and our growth but our own thinking. This is not to say that you have to try and be like anyone else but be proud and comfortable with who you are and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. There are some amazing role models out there who totally dispel gender misconceptions and stereotypes. Be the best you can in whatever you choose!! There's nothing you cant do if you set your mind to it.

A's reaction to the video:
If someone tells you that you run like a girl or you throw like a girl, you shouldn't care because you are a girl and you should be proud of who you are.

S's reaction to the video:
I learnt that girls can do anything boys can do and that boys can do anything that girls can do. If someone says I'm acting like a girl - I'm going say that I am a girl and wont let it bother me because I am me!

J's reaction to video:
I believe that girls can do anything they want and being a girl is not a bad thing one bit - in fact it's pretty cool. Proud to be a gal!



No comments: