Thursday, August 7, 2008

Queen's Life on Earth...or is it Jupiter?

“Romance was in the air, a cool breeze blowing, and hand-in-hand we walked on the moonlit path. After a tiring day, we welcomed the time we were spending together; even our silence spoke volumes. The birds were quietening down in their comfy nests while the crickets continued to serenade with their consistent yet melodious tunes. Fireflies sparkled mystically, illuminating the darkness. A walk under the starry skies was just what I needed and as we reached closer and closer to home, my heart was filled with eager anticipation of what was to come. Was tonight the night? Would it actually happen? Would my dreams turn to reality?”

Uhhhh....Let me back up!!
This is what I mean by Living Life Queensize. It’s all a matter of perspective, nazariya. No comprehendo, let me explaino.

Last night, romance was in the air, a cool breeze was blowing, and we did walk hand in hand on the moonlit path. Let me define WE: Dearest Hubby, myself, and our 3 daughters!! J clung to her dad’s hand as if she was never going to let go while S & A decided to tear me apart by clasping each of my hands as they proceeded to walk in opposite directions. So far so good. We were tired but it was nice to hang out as a family.

DH and I were silent, not out of choice, but more out of submission to the 3-way conversations the kids were having. I think the birds quietened down out of fear of my 2-year old’s running commentary and proclamations of everything she saw. The crickets were probably running helter-skelter, trying to get as far away from us as possible, as probably were the fireflies. S kept passing judgment on all the neighbors’ lawns on a rubric that ranged from: “looks pretty like a carpet” to “yuck”. I’m sure our neighbors are very thankful for a free analysis of their curbside appeal.

Every turn we took, A announced that she saw “another moon”, bringing the count to 12 moons by the time we got home. Gosh, were we still on the same planet? Once home, our eager anticipation was to get all 3 in bed, ASAP. In record time, we got 3 sets of teeth brushed, 3 sets of clothes changed, and 3 little monsters well tucked in their beds (energy machines, I call it, where they rest for a bit before they’re all charged to wreak havoc all over again).

Aaaah…collapsing in my own bed, I could feel my heart beating hard. A smile on my face, I couldn’t help but think. Was tonight the night? Would it actually happen? Would my dreams turn to reality?

Would all 3 girls stay in their own beds till morning and not invade our room? Would I actually get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep?

Will keep you posted when that dream is actually realized!!

5 comments:

Nidhi said...

Welcome to blogspace and may I say what a grand entry this is. s I have always maintained .... YOU ROCK!! and btw, I do hope you got your 6 hrs of uninterrupted sleep :>)

Anandi said...

Shukriya, karam, meherbani!!

No such luck on the skeep yaar but at least they're providing me with enough material for my next blog.
Ths things is quite addictive..Let's talk!

Jayshree said...

Kya baat hai...was wondering ..why don't you take up writing fulltime...ek to you are great at it and doosra you might just well end up a celebrity novelist !....Proposed title to ur novel..Pyar hame kis mod pe le aayaa!!...

Anandi said...

Many Thankings..I'll put it on my list of "things to accomplish"..i'm just happy i found a place to let go all the creative energy..
Come, join us..

Randomblogger said...

Keep it coming, Anandi. Very very nice. You have a very interesting and engaging style of writing.