Monday, January 5, 2015

Royal habits!

Jan 5th, 2015
I so believe that at certain times the universe conspires and sends you the same message through multiple sources.  This has happened so often with me and every single time, it feels magical and mystical! I have experienced so many different signs around me and it has really felt like they were out to find me and reach me one way or the other:) Could be eerie for sure or just absolutely fabulous! Anyway, today was one such day and the message was loud and clear. Thanks to DH who started it off by sharing this lovely quote with us (Girls, check your email).

I'm sure he loved this the minute he saw it as it resonates with his disciplined way of being. He is one inspiring person in my life who has shown me time and again that you can will your mind and your body to accomplish whatever goal you set. He is driven, hardworking, supremely disciplined, and a go-getter. It is through cultivating several healthy habits that he has discovered his mental strength and physical endurance.Not a single day will he compromises on his daily rituals of exercise regardless of the weather, location, or physical condition. He truly is the closest living example for me on how to initiate, nurture, and sustain a habit - Definitely something to be inspired by and learn from. If you want to become really good at a skill, the only way to achieve excellence is to practice it: frequently, diligently, resiliently.

After reflecting a bit on this quote and self-evaluating my own discipline (or lack thereof), I proceeded on to other mundane tasks, and lo and behold, I came across this amazing post from my favorite online blogger and author, Maria Popova on her website. Please do take a look- it's a fabulous read.

http://www.brainpickings.org/2014/01/02/how-long-it-takes-to-form-a-new-habit/

In this article, she provides a good synopsis of the book: 
Making Habits, Breaking Habits: Why We Do Things, Why We Don't, and How to Make Any Change Stick by Jeremy Dean. 

I guess when the universe is sending so many unilateral messages on cultivating discipline, one has to stop, listen, and act and then I wonder, perhaps these messages were always around but it's only now that I am now becoming more aware of their presence:)



~ Anandi









No comments: